Silveira e Paulo Palace
João Jorge da Silveira e Paulo, whose family lived in São Tomé Island several years, ordered this small palace built. It was completed around 1902. As was the fashion at the time, its interior has a beautiful collection of stucco panelling. It was purchased for public service, and the Industrial and Commercial School, the middle school and the Regional Conservatory of Angra do Heroísmo have each been housed here. After restoration and conversion works were completed and, since 2003, it is the headquarters of the Regional Ministry of Culture and the Centro de Conhecimento dos Açores (Centre for Knowledge of the Azores).