Manor House and Chapel of Nossa Senhora dos Remédios
This manor house, also known as Solar do Provedor das Armadas, was built by Pero Anes do Canto with the purpose of serving both as his own home and a as facility to assist the King’s Navy. The Purveyor guaranteed the supply of food and all the necessary support to the armadas from the overseas territories of Portugal and, during a certain period, Spain. This position existed until about 1818. The Manor House is currently owned by the Regional government of the Azores and is used as offices for Regional Ministries.