The first hospital of the Azores was founded here based on an agreement of the Brotherhood of the Holy Spirit dated March 15, 1492. One of the founders was João Vaz Corte-Real Captain of the Donatory of Angra and discoverer of the Terra Nova. The brotherhood that came later and joined the existing brotherhood ordered the construction of the existing church (eighteenth century), where there are two altars that face each other (the altar of the Holy Spirit is on the left and the altar of the Santo Cristo das Misericórdias (Holy Christ of Mercies) is on the right).. This church, located in Angra do Heroísmo is currently classed as Building of Public Interest.
Horario de verano – Lunes a viernes: 10:00 a.m. a las 04:00pm / Sábado: 10:00 h. a 16:00 h., domingos y festivos: Cerrado.