Church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição
This church was rebuilt in about 1553 on top of the old chapel of Nossa Senhora da Conceição that had been built in the early days of the settlement. This church has a Renaissance and Mannerist style. The Portuguese Baroque style high altar and the altar of the Most Holy where there is oriental influence stand out. The side walls have panels from a mobile altar depicting scenes from the Old Testament (Master of the Cathedral of Angra, circa 1600). It includes a historical Machado Cerveira (1815) pipe organ. Its architecture is sober and harmonious. This church is also part of the protected area of Angra do Heroísmo and classed as a building of public interest.